It's easy to put off getting fit until tomorrow. "I'll start a diet tomorrow!", people cry. "I'll begin my new exercise regime tomorrow, as I'm not quite ready today." It's amazing how adept we are at delay tactics when it comes to putting off something that either intimidates us or overwhelms us. In fact, we humans are so good at it that sometimes we don't even know we are doing it ourselves. However, the result is getting nowhere fast. Now is the time to realize that, when it comes to fitness, tomorrow never comes - so act today!
Ask yourself a few basic questions about your approach to fitness, such as:
- Do you constantly make resolutions, only to not start them?
- Do you really want to get fit but are not sure how to?
- Do you feel that you are weak-willed or lacking motivation?
- Do you feel that life gets in the way of your good intentions?
- When was the last time you set a fitness goal and achieved it?
- Do you want to change your lifestyle, but never put plans into action?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above then no fear, you are not alone. There is often a huge gap between what we think and feel and what we do, especially when it comes to making lifestyle choices and changing habits and fitness patterns.
Focusing on tomorrow can often mean you go round in circles. To stop, you need to forget about the future and make changes right now. Today! Ask yourself what you are doing right now to keep fit and get healthy. If you are not following any positive action, then ask yourself what you could do today to change that. For example, you could:
- Contact us and get on track to getting fit
- Write down your goals and work out a fitness strategy - again, we can help you
- Get active and actually work out
- Stop making excuses!
The reality is that finding a space in your life where you are exercising comes from purposefully creating that opportunity. If you wait for the absolute perfect conditions before you get active, then you may find that the moment never comes. Let's face it, most of us have busy lives and are not sat around twiddling our thumbs.
To get your lifestyle moving in the right direction, it's time to make an action plan:
- Get a piece of paper and a pen.
- Give yourself at least 20 minutes to concentrate on your exercise plan.
- Write 'Exercise Plan' at the top of the page along with today’s date.
- Write down your fitness goals. These can include mini-goals and ambitious plans.
- Write down how you are going to achieve each goal. What is your strategy?
- Now, what are you going to do today? Forget about tomorrow and the days that follow, write down what your plan of action is right now, or at least before the day is through. Maybe you are going to get in touch with us!
Do you want to improve your fitness in the future? If so, what you do right now is absolutely vital. What's on your fitness to-do list today? Contacting us?