Teen Krav Maga
First Defense Krav Maga is offers classes specifically for teens (ages 13-16) to address their unique self-protection & self-defense needs. These classes offer an opportunity for teens to work with their peers to build confidence & competence in self-defense tactics & techniques in order to keep themselves and their friends safe.
In the Krav Junior Teen Division, we focus on:
- Situational and environmental awareness - paying attention to your environment and who is around you.
- Appropriate decision-making - this means what self-defense techniques are appropriate, proportional and reasonable in response to the threat or attack being made against them.
- Being able to act - we want our teens to step up and act when appropriate, they need to be able to avoid a freeze or panic response and get themselves out of a dangerous situation fast.
"First Defense helped me mature as a young adult into the person I am today. Krav is something that has stuck with me my entire life and it's a piece of me I couldn't really ever let go of. It's simple, fun, practical, challenging and it's a great place to meet nice people and make new friends."
-T.F., current Teen rank 4, FDKM member since 2015.
Teens who train in Krav Maga benefit from:
- Improved physical fitness - Every class is a workout. Develop greater strength, coordination, flexibility and balance while learning important skills.
- Learning practical self-defense techniques that solve real-life problems. There are no forms or katas to memorize. We get right to the point - what's the problem & what's the solution.
- Learning de-escalation, prevention, and avoidance skills. Getting physical is always the last option. Our teens learn also need to know how to avoid, prevent and de-escalate situations before it becomes a fight.
- Self-confidence and body-awareness. Just as with our adults, the proper mindset is an essential component of self-defense. Teens will gain confidence in knowing that they can take care of themselves & others. They will also practice critical decision-making skills under stressful or less-than ideal conditions.
Experience what Krav Maga is all about with this special offer - 3 introductory classes for $19.97.
Getting started is easy with our 3-class pass! You can purchase the pass and schedule the first class by clicking the link below.
If you have any questions about the program or how to get started, please give us a call 703-835-9054.
Check out these teens in action! This video is from KMG Instructor Zeev Cohen & his group in Tel Aviv, Israel. During our special "From the Headlines" weeks we often take a look at videos of real-life incidents where self-defense was or could have been used. We discuss the video, the context and the options and then practice what to do if something like that happened to us.